Write for TestDriven.io
We're always looking for new writers to join the team and help us expand on our growing collection of tutorials. If you're passionate about web technologies and teaching, you might be a perfect fit.
Join a team of experienced writers
Great technical content is difficult to produce alone, so we work together on courses and tutorials. Sometimes this is a little editing help, other times it's a code review and research. This collaboration can help you develop expert-level writing skills, a necessary requirement for career growth. Many of our writers work together outside of TestDriven.io and help connect each other with opportunities.
Contribute to the community
Few sites go in-depth to solve real-world problems like TestDriven.io. Your writing will have a positive impact on the lives of developers trying to solve every day problems. What better way to get your name out there than as a person who helped others?
Write about your interests. Get Paid.
You're always learning new things, so why not get paid to write about it? Our pay is competitive, ranging from $300 to $500 per tutorial. Here are some examples:
- Speeding Up Python with Concurrency, Parallelism, and asyncio
- Deploying Django to AWS with Docker and Let's Encrypt
What can I write about?
TestDriven.io covers a wide range of topics but largely focuses on developers with at least a few years of experience. This typically means more intermediate or advanced content. While it generally takes more time to consume and produce than beginner content, our courses and tutorials can often be the "Aha!" moments for developers stuck on tough problems.
- Integrating technologies. Our audience is very interested in making different parts of the stack work together. Vue + Django, FastAPI + Docker, Kubernetes for Yoga instructors, you name it.
- Working with platforms and services is a great topic because there are many options and combinations, but documentation is often lacking. Our tutorials often fill these gaps.
- Tips & tricks, best practices, and patterns. Our readers are always interested in learning new ways to use their favorite languages.
- How-to's and guides. While we focus mostly on step-by-step tutorials, we are also looking for more informational style pieces.
Apply Collaborate on a topic Define Objectives Create and Outline Write the First Draft Write the Final Draft
Aristotle guides us with this useful tip:
"Tell them what you are going to tell them, tell them, then tell them what you told them."
We like to focus on backwards planning: Write objectives. Write the content. Ensure the objectives are covered by the content. Read more about our process.
Want to write for TestDriven.io?
Send us a quick note about yourself. Show off some writing samples as well. We’ll take it from there.
Currently we're looking for articles and tutorials related to:
- Cloud Native
- Machine Learning
- Web Scraping
- Web Security
- Working Remote